Monday, July 28, 2008

Powertochoose.org

I really only had one objective today, fix our electricity situation. Friday we were shocked to see that our electricity rate had nearly double in the last 4 months. When we signed on with Amigo Energy a little over a year ago we locked into a rate of 12 cents per kilowatt hour. I guess our little agreement expired and the rate has gone up progressively over the last 4 months to about 25 cents per kilowatt hour, with current fair market rates around 15 cents per hour. That added about $170 more to our bill than should have been expected. We received the highest bill ever AND we were gone for 10 days with the AC turned off.

Either they adjust my bill or I'll go to another electric company to get a fair rate. In Texas you can go to http://www.powertochoose.org/ to compare rates. You should really check around for a better deal. A year ago Amigo Energy saved us about 25% over the company that we had.

Had to call the Houston area code number because the 888 number was "circuits busy" all day. Was on hold for almost 30 minutes. They were willing to knock off $50. Not enough. I'm switching to another company called Champion. They rate the best # for customer service 1/5. The company I'm leaving is a 3/5, # 21 out of 30 companies. They are going to lose about $2000 a year losing me. They'll probably rake me over the coals until the change over takes place.

No comments: