Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Pinch

My days in St. Louis are numbered. I'm starting to feel a mental pinch as to whether I've covered all my social bases. I know that I haven't devoted much time to my dad, but some of that is his choice. He could easily drive in once or twice to see us at my moms instead of me driving back and forth.

Here's what I know for sure:

Thursday: getting the car windows tinted, buying fireworks, having dinner compliments of my brother. Hope to watch the Cardinals game.

Friday: cabin day to mow, play horse shoes, grill, and late night fireworks( need to decide when and how my son is going to get there since he wouldn't last all day. My mom will probably bring him out and for sure won't camp out. I need to decide if I'm camping or not) Will listen to the Cards/Cubs game. High of 78 degrees forecasted with a chance of rain.

Saturday: probably find time to go fishing with my son AND watch the Cards/Cubs game, most likely at grandpa's house.

Sunday: either driving back OR spending one last family day before heading back Monday.

Monday: I told my wife I'd be home in time to watch the last episode of The Bachelorette. It tortured her to watch it by herself last week.

Never got together with my friend Andy and still really want to. I've saturated myself in St. Louis food and really don't need anymore. Have a few friends I could get together with one more time. We'll see.

No comments: