Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Just a few things..........

Missed posting yesterday because my family finally came home. I was actually online when the front door opened. I peeked around the corner and caught my sons eyes. All smiles as he made a mad dash towards me. Just a few feet away he collapsed and flopped onto the floor. He looked up as I scooped him off the floor. Yes, it is good to have my family home. Then 2 minutes later I changed a smooshy poopy diaper.

Today was Bagel Wednesday. I stopped by Panera to pick up my usual order that I placed Tuesday evening. For the 2nd week in a row they've lost my order and I've had to place the order off the top of my head. On top of that I usually have a small margin of error to work with and this forced me into being 10 minutes late, again.

Tonight I actually got on the treadmill. 20 minutes and just over one mile. I feel like I've had a fat year and haven't had much motivation to do anything about it. Maybe I can build some momentum and make a few changes. Anybody have a good book to recommend about changing unhealthy habits? Once I set my mind to it I can lose 20 pounds, but this time it would be nice to lose more and break the 200 barrier. Don't forget, 40 is coming around the New Year and being in shape would be a big psychological and physical boost.

It's November, so all you teachers do the Thanksgiving countdown!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better than for a psychological/ physical boost, do it for your family so you're there to see your son smile at his wedding. Sounds like you have the beginnings of something. Try Dr. Phil's book for lifestyle changes. Try eating in more often and try South Beach for 2 weeks only to jumpstart weight loss and gain motivation. Just some thoughts...

Pigs said...

Just watch Super Size Me and read Fast Food Nation. Shudder.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to anonymous: I think my wife has the Dr. Phil book and I lost about 15 pounds doing the Atkins so South Beach shouldn't be tough.

Thanks. 2 days in a row on the treadmill.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to pigs: I watched Supersize me and I felt more compelled not to let my daughter eat there. I rarely ever super size and would never eat there everyday. Alright, other places I'll eat every day.

Fast Food Nation, can I borrow it?

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to qivuit: I have missed your spiritual sharpening. Thanks for stopping by. You could be my online accountability partner!

Artistic Soul said...

Oh I am SO doing the countdown!! But it's more like a Christmas countdown since it seems like there is no way for work to be done before Thanksgiving...lol.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to wiccachicky: we are off one whole week at Thanksgiving. Ahhh!