Sunday, November 20, 2005

Gas and Dookie

Gas: I went 39 hours without comfortably being able to relieve myself of any stomach gases. From 1am Thursday until about 4pm Friday I was in bad shape. Luckily I was able to make it thru both days of work. Friday I left work about 12:30 for an appointment at the Shriners Hospital so we could look at my son's slightly pidgeon toed left foot. We got there early enough to drive around and find lunch. Nothing greasy I was thinking. My family picked an OLD Arby's. One without indoor bathrooms. We got 5 Arby melts, a curly fries and 2 drinks for $8 plus tax. Not too bad. I took a few bites and stopped at that. While at Shriners I was feeling unfortable so I tried to relieve myself of these stomach pains. Nothing but gas! YAHOO! So at 2pm on Friday, about 37 hours after it hit, I started feeling better. Confidence hit as I came home and reheated our last Arby's melt and I was able to eat it without any negative feelings or side effects. I'm back! The issues with the son are nothing to be worried about. YES!

Dookie: This one is closely related to a gaseous story, but funny, not sick. Saturday night we were playing cards and I was once again able to eat food that is bad for me. Nachos and chips. After playing cards for a few hours I felt a little gas build up and being around guys and confident I wouldn't soil myself I let a few go. It was about 15 minutes later when we recognized a nasty smell and since I was the only one to let loose lately I got the blame. I was thinking, "I haven't tooted in over 10 minutes." My handicapped friend was there and I thought maybe he did it, but I accepted the blame and said I would step away from the table should it happen again. Well, a few minutes later one of the guys said, "I knew that wasn't a human smell, look right there." One of the host's Weenie dogs had laid(lain?) a human sized turd right in the middle of the kitchen floor. I was vindicated! IT WAS NOT ME!

Sadly enough I was beginning to wonder if it was me.

It is nice to be stomach free for more than 48 hours! Sing praises and make joyful noise, so to speak!

6 comments:

Pigs said...

LOL...See? Poop is starting to follow you too. It's contagious. Glad you're feeling better and that your son is all good.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to pigs: All is well. Will be a busy week making extra cash! Have never vacuumed poop from a car. Could happen?

Artistic Soul said...

hahahaha - stomach sickness does really suck. Be thankful it's just temporary and not chronic!!

Bill Victor said...

I didn't know you were concerned about Ian. I'm glad there's nothing serious to worry about. I read a long time ago that being slightly pigeon-toed (as well as flat footed and bow-legged) was a good sign for a sprinter.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to wiccachicky: Hope it doesn't flair back up. Had some indigestion last night. Was worried with my sone having diahrea.

The MAN Fan Club said...

He does seem a litle faster than the girl when she was that age.

PTI(Pigeon Toed Ian)