Thursday, November 10, 2005

Positive Cranky!

Is it possible to become crankier, yet more positive at the same time. I feel that somehow I have managed to become much shorter with the students and my tolerance level is much lower. That said, I feel I am more positive around my colleagues, maybe even giddy as someone has said.

Maybe I am not letting the lack of common sense or courtesy of my students get to me, but I am dishing out consequences IMMEDIATELY if they fail to follow society's standard guidelines for MY expected classroom behavior. Maybe since I've quit allowing them to beat me silly with the same irresponsible behaviors it has allowed me to free up my mind and actually have some fun at work. I actually played kickball twice with the students at recess this week.

FREEBIES:
I started off my day by stopping to get a cinnamon roll for myself and a few coworkers. I paid for those, but got a dozen donut holes for FREE! $1

When I came into school the afternoon program had left out the day before's case of water and snack. 1 case of water and 6 small packages of Goldfish. FREE.....$8

Another teacher took the Coco Puffs this morning so I only scored 2 boxes and 2 milks. FREE $2.

When I arrived jovially to work my lunch duty a room mom volunteered to watch the kids so I backdoored into 30 extra FREE minutes. If I roughly make $30 an hour that is kind of like getting $15 free in services.

Knowing Friday is Chick Fil A day I sent out an email at work checking(begging) to see if anyone had any of the coupons from their yearly calendar that they would be willing to give up. 10 minutes later one of our front line people handed me their $5 calendar for FREE! $5 right now, but futures freebies for sure! Chick Fil A will take expired coupons....YES! Free breakfast tomorrow!

Tonight: Beautiful day out and the sun is gently setting. From 4pm until 5:30pm my kids have been playing outside on the swingset and in the sand box. I cooked Hamburger helper and they ate their dinner out on their pic nic bench. Life is good!

Cranky, yet positive! Friday is coming!

6 comments:

Pigs said...

K.(grumble) Well, I want a chicken biscuit. I'd have given you my coupon if I had known you were going tomorrow! If you have two I'll pay you back???

Artistic Soul said...

Amen on that - I'm all about Friday!! It's funny how just a few minor regulations of inappropriate classroom behavior can make things much nicer in the long run. I had to kick a student out last week who was consistently being a jerk to just about everyone.

Bill Victor said...

You've become the man.

The MAN Fan Club said...

I can get you one, but I get there by 7am. It would sit basically for over an hour. If Mr. Tharp will give me 2 free ones that would be great.

See ya.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to wiccachicky: I think that student is in my class too. I emailed home their behavior and now I'm a jerk and they stayed home today.

The MAN Fan Club said...

I am the MAN and you are the Vice President of The MANFC.