Friday, November 18, 2005

Rough Day

You know you are in for a long day when Imodium AD and 2 Tums makes up a big part of your breakfast. I woke up last night about 1am with a volcanic stomach and no Tums in sight. I ended up taking one of my mom's left over Nexium pills, but that didn't seem to help. After tossing and turning I decided to go sleep on the couch in a propped up manner. I had severe heartburn, nausea, and diahrea tendencies. I managed a few hours of sleep and woke up before the 6am alarm went off. Eww boy.

I took some Imodium AD to work and stopped and got some Tums. That was my breakfast along with a plain cake donut. Fortunately I managed to stay out of the bathroom all day, mainly because I hadn't eaten anything. Belch city all day and I finally braved the cafeteria's Thanksgiving lunch. I think I had turkey stuffing suprise since I was the last person at the school to go thru the line. I may have had an ounce of turkey in my 1/2 pound of stuffing.

Being the only guy in our hallway the bathroom thing is a serious issue. 99% of the time I do my duty in the boys room next to the staff restroom. I've heard horror stories as my team talks about someone in our hallway who devastates the bathroom and fails to use the smelly spray. Well, about 3pm while my kids were at PE I was about to put the disclaimer out to my team that if they needed to use the restroom NOW was the time. As I walked out into the hallway I noticed it was pretty calm. I figured maybe I could duck into the boys back stall and do my think. I'd been pinned up all day and the Imodium was wearing off. Sure enough, in and out in less than 2 minutes and not even one student came in. Whew!

For the record, I did not destroy the staff bathroom!

It's late tonight and I'm still a little rocky. My daughter said it sounded like a monster in my stomach.

Wish me luck, or others luck!

8 comments:

Pigs said...

Hope you're feeling better today, I didn't even see you. You'll be pleased to know that I donated another can of the aforementioned "smelly spray" to the hall bathroom. So you know.

Anonymous said...

seriously? you blogged about this??

jules said...

That was just a little bit TOO much tmi, Man!

Pigs said...

Here's a post you might appreciate: http://teachersparadise.blogspot.com/2005/10/neediness-of-elementary-school-kids.html

Artistic Soul said...

Awww -- sorry to hear you are sick!! Stomach problems are always awful, especially when you have to be around public bathrooms a lot. Our new office spaces are converted motel rooms, so I actually get my own private bathroom now which is really handy!

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to pigs: I ALMOST used the staff bathroom. If they were at specials I would have had to baptize the room with my first trip of the year.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to pigs: I ALMOST used the staff bathroom. If they were at specials I would have had to baptize the room with my first trip of the year.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to wiccachicky: a personal bathroom would have been great!