Friday, November 11, 2005

Jarhead Review

I couldn't wait to see this movie. I was bummed out when I wasn't able to go this weekend. I ended up going right after school on Wednesday. Could have seen the 50 cent movie, but didn't. They did a great job marketing this movie because I am afraid the second week word of mouth will kill the box office take.

Not a bad movie, but I wouldn't recommend this one to anybody. It is hard to pin down. NOT a date movie and not very entertaining. It may be an accurate showing of what ONE Marine went thru back in the early 90's during Desert Storm, but I don't think the Armed Forces would endorse the behavior that went on.

The movie was crude, rough, and in your face with some stomach turning issues. IF you do see it go to a matinee show when it is cheaper. I was able to only spend $2.75 before popcorn and soda costs so not much of a risk.

If Saving Private Ryan is the Gold Standard of war movies, then this was recycled aluminum.

3 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

Good to know - I don't usually like war movies much, so I try only to go if they are really really good.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to wiccachicky: definitely not a movie to see with your partner. It might top your bad night out a few weeks ago when you went to the theatre.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to hud: I just saved you $8 plus if you took your wife even more. Hope you are keeping track when I need that van.