Thursday, November 03, 2005

Jarhead

The heavily promoted(Jesus walks song), long awaited movie JARHEAD opens this Friday and I'll probably see it this weekend. It sounds like it is basically a war neutral movie from the point of view from the soldiers. One side is from a soldier who regrets being there and the other from a soldier who needs or strongly desires to be there in Iraq. It is based on Dessert Storm, but can easily be paralleled to fit our current situation in Iraq.

That said, one of my students came in today with a Jarhead haircut(marine style) and it looked pretty good. I've always wondered if I could get by with such a short cut. Nearing 40 and my hair receding slower than others I've worried that cutting it short might make me look even heavier or speed up the process of the receding hairline.

That said, you're welcome to meet me at the movies this weekend and if you'll pay for my haircut I'll even get the Jarhead cut! OOO RAH!

7 comments:

Bill Victor said...

You could pull the haircut off. Dessert Storm, huh? What was there this big pie fight involving Marines? Was this a Stooges short you are looking forward to seeing?

jules said...

Nashpotato
Your hair is already short enough, so yes, you could get away with the jarhead cut.
Maybe instead of having the kids call you coach you could have them call you sarge. I've heard your "bark".

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to billyv: It is a 50 minute drive to your 4 plex theatre PLUS you don't go to the movies and probably don't even watch movies on DVD, so back off!

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to jules: Sargeant Nash. They don't even call me coach anymore so maybe I am ready for a change.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to kvkid: How about trying the spray in grey(Dallena's comment).

Artistic Soul said...

You'll have to tell me how it was...I'm not a big war movie fan.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to wiccachicky: played cards instead and won $40. Considering I would have spent $10 at the movies I ended up way ahead. May see it during the week!