Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Break Day #3

My family is not going anywhere for Thanksgiving. Read the blog ending to help us decide what to do for Thanksgiving dinner. We've chosen to stay in town because it should be cheaper. My mother is coming Thanksgiving day and will stay until the following Monday so my wife and I should be able to get away from the kids a few times.......finally. Being 600 miles away from family is one downfall, no built in sitters.

Monday day #1: Detailed 2 cars and went to eat at Gatti's pizza, it replaced Pete's the place I once dogged on tblog. Not much better. Too expensive for my family and it wasn't that good. Played cards Monday night and won!

Tuesday day #2: Really only put up Christmas lights for a friend and did some yard work including cleaning up so doggie dookie. In exchange I got my computer cleaned up, defragged and Netzero 8.0 downloaded. Much better. Announced last night and the boys lost a heart breaker.

Wednesday day #3: Slept until 9:15 am. Not feeling to well. I need to know what PIGS takes to keep the colds away. Hopefully something legal and over the counter.

Thanksgiving: to make a meal or go out and eat. Our dilemna is whether to spend $30 + preparing a meal for 6 hours, eating for 30 minutes, and then having 2 hours of clean up. OR, let my mom take us out to dinner. I do know Ruby Tuesday's is open Thanksgiving.
Pro: no clean up and possibly cheaper
Con: how anti traditional is this?

Eat in or eat out? Let me know

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My family and I have gone out to eat on Thanksgiving once or twice and believe it or not it is not that uncommon. The restaurant was packed and the food was pretty good. We got to eat a good dinner and my mom didn't have to lay a finger on the stove or the dishes. I think everyone should try it at least once, nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

Pigs said...

It's called Zicam and of course it's legal!! Sigh. It really works; I've fended off two colds this year so far. Get the nasal gel. It's gross, but works the best.
We're staying here for Thanksgiving too and being even cheaper than you! We will be feasting on....(drumroll, please) Turkey sandwiches and macaroni and cheese!! Seriously, this was my husband's request. I will be making a pecan pie, just so we can participate a little, but that's it! Wooo! I'm pretty excited for no hoopla. I'm decorating for Christmas.

Pigs said...

btw, go out to eat. Lots of people do it.

Artistic Soul said...

The partner and I are headed to New York to have dinner with my brother. Should be interesting -- trying to cook turkey in a loft space with all of the family crashing there! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Go out!

"Ms. Cornelius" said...

Oh, go OUT! Or you could do what we used to do when we were in your neck of the woods and have a traditional Tex-Mex Thanksgiving, which means chile of the green kind (eew, but whatever) over turkey and lots of starchy food.

By the way, St Loo is supposed to get snow next week. Feel better?

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to deanna: Picking my mom up at the airport it seems restaurants are divided on the open/closed issue. Some advertised they were closed.

Reply to PIGS: since I'm so cheap could I run by and try a FREE sample of ZICAM? Not interested in mac n cheese. You could always go to a movie in McKinney for CHEAP today. IT WILL BE CROWDED.

Reply to Wiccachicky: never been to New York. Doing a parade?

Reply to HUD: you are the winner. We will be staying home for turkey lunch. Then maybe go out to eat a late dinner.

Reply to Christopher and Cornelius: I lost out. My wife bought turkey at 11pm last night. NOt frozen of course, but just a breast. Ah, breast.