Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Freebies

A partner in "rhyme" has really given me either a hard time out of jealousy or kudos for all the deals I seem to score and most of these deals are free. It started early in our year when I scored a $50 giftcard to Walmart from a parent who does not even have a child in our grade level. Then another parent gave me a $25 giftcard. I think these were pitty gifts as I am new at what I am doing.

As I think about all that I get for free I think I will start having a daily update on any freebies that I do score.

Today:

This morning I ordered 34 bagels and 2 muffins for my crew and I get reimbursed by them. The bakery gave me 3 free bagels and a free large drink. First score: $4.25 FREE.
When I noticed I was short a blueberry bagel and 2 muffins I drove back and then was given 2 free muffin tops......against my will. 2nd score: $2 FREE.

As I worked the morning program I got the left over cereal. 48 individual bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and the cafeteria lady says they charge our program 58 cents each for these. 3rd score: Almost $30 in cereal.....FREE.

I also benefited from a leftover case of bottled water: $4 FREE.

Yesterday I brought home 4 large bags of prepacked romaine lettuce at about $2 a bag and also helped myself, with permission, to the ice machine at school and brought home some purified ice. Tuesday's total: About $10 FREE!

On a side note my day started with my chosing a shirt I had yet to wear this year, partly because it is hard to iron, and secondly it makes me think about square dancing. It is red with small lines that form tiny squares. As I am leaving the house before 7am my daughter gets up and I do my usual, "GET BACK IN BED!" My daughter says, "I just want to hug you and kiss you." Awwww. When I get my hug and kiss she says, "Wow, I really like your shirt dad."

Watch out next year teachers, she's going to kindergarden.

6 comments:

Bill Victor said...

Do you subtract from your total if something is thrown out, not used or given away? I always thought your supernatural gift was driving right up and finding the best parking spot.

Anonymous said...

It seems my mm has the same thing that you. She is always getting freebies and I can admit that sometimes it makes me a little jealous knowing that we are struggling but I am also happy for her.

My daughter picked out a shirt for my husband at the store (which he bought) and now everytime he wears it she tells him its her favorite shirt.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to billyv: the parking spot thing always happens at school because I'm the first one there. Not much of a "specialty" when I don't have to earn it. Unlike my Salvation.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to Deanna: I do face the scorn of one of my teammates at work.

That is cool about the shirt!

Pigs said...

It's not scorn. It's pure jealousy. Don't forget to add your lunch duty and your free coupons to the list. SIGH!

The MAN Fan Club said...

Just read today's blog.

The MAN on campus!