Friday, November 11, 2005

Missouri Mud

I'll quickly post my freebies as they all happened this morning.

2 Chik'n biscuits and a free diet Coke via coupon from Chick Fil A: FREE $6.50
30 Cheerios/Lucky Charms which I then in turn gave to someone else: FREE...briefly $15

I never got to enjoy my FREE drink this morning. As I entered the cafeteria, on time for once, I noticed the janitorial staff had not put the tables out so I parked my drink on our cereal cart next to the case of cereal. I dealt out the sandwiches and when I came back to the cafeteria I was informed by coach that my drink had met it's demise. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....it was all over the floor. Good thing it was free. The ONLY student in the cafeteria never admitted to knocking it over.

Uneventful day. Came home to find 1/2 my family sick. After my wife tutored we went out for Chinese dinner. We can still feed a family of 4 for under $15 at a Chinese restaurant. Not bad. On the way home I stopped by the car wash to rinse off the Missouri Mud that my wife had brought back. Her sister is part of that 5% that still lives on a gravel road, drinks from a well, and lives off the land.

I spent $2 just washing the mud out of the wheel wells. The other $1.50 went towards knocking off the rest of the dirt and unsuspecting bugs that nailed the windshield.

JOKE: What's the last thing that goes thru a bug's mind when it hits the windshield?

It's rear end!

No set plans this weekend other than another marathon day at church when we vote on a deacon/elder plan. Issues: divorce or not, men only vs. women, alcohol or abstinence. Block out 6+ hours for Sunday morning.

5 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

Wow - those are big ticket issues of discussion for the church docket. It might take more than six hours!

jules said...

Which one of your students told you THAT joke?

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to wiccachicky: church is basically 8-12. The meeting is slotted for 12:30 and is to last not longer than 2pm. We'll see.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to jules: couldn't tell you where I heard it. A student didn't tell me because instead of rear it was A$$.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to hud: what kind of an example are you for your kids? Come on, it's all ball bearings these days!

church: not counting those Catholic homecoming picnics of beer and gambling?