Sunday, November 06, 2005

Dirty Laundry

"Kick em when their up, kick em when their down....." Dirty Laundry, Don Henly.

After doing truck loads of laundry after my wife came back from her Missouri trip and made following comment, "You wear more underwear than anyone I know." I can either take this as a cleanliness compliment or can worry about how many people she knows and how she knows about their underwearing habits.

In defense: 1 fresh pair after the morning shower. A new pair after coming home from work. A final pair when hopping in bed for the night. I don't think 3 pair a day is anything out of the ordinary. I guess I could alter what I wear to bed at night? Add mowing in the summer time and it could top up to 5 pair in one day.

On a side note my wife informed me that the new thing, making wearing a thong an outdated trend, is........to wear no underwear at all. This can't be healthy can it?

Hmmmmm? What's in your laundry?

11 comments:

Pigs said...

I think it's admirable that you're so tidy! Some people I know could use some more changing of the goods. I'm not sure about that going without underwear thing though....sounds a little, um, free? Jiggly? I like all my stuff to stay in place. TMI?

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to pigs: Not really tidy, just interested in good personal housekeeping.

Bill Victor said...

You probably need three pairs the way you pollute your underwear.

Anonymous said...

If I were your wife I would complain too. That is a lot of laundry just for a week (and that is just your underwear). Changing once a day is what I was always taught but if twice never hurt.

Anonymous said...

hmmm...i can wear clothes without having to wash them inbetween wears, assuming they are still in wearable condition...BUT i'm ok with underwear changes...its not like they take up THAT much space in the washer anyway...and as paranoid as i am that my thong is hanging out, I'd rather show that than not wear any at all... Great, it was my generation that refuses to wear anything BUT a thong and now i have to look forward to the new generation going without anything at all???

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to billyv: sure, take shots now that you are 300 miles away. Much safer that way.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to deanna: she's guilty of wearing a different pair of long pajamas each night too.....each one of those equal the space that 3 pair of whiteys take up.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to random: but the undies are the freshness to the soul! I'll sometimes do a sweater twice or jeans twice, but the undies are sacred!

The MAN Fan Club said...

reply to txgrl: thanks for covering my back(so to speak). I am more likely to wear something multiple times during the winter when I am not likely to be sweating.

jonny rocket said...

Commando is way too risky, what with zippers and all. But hey, it worked for Kramer.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to rocket: I think commando is more of a ladies thing. Less risk with the zipper.