Friday, November 25, 2005

Walking out of movies

With mom in town my wife and I got to go on a date. With reckless abandon we went to see Ice Harvest with Jon Cusack, Billy Bob Thornton, and Randy Quaid. Good cast. We walked out after 15 minutes. Within that 15 minutes we probably heard the "F" word 20 times, saw 3 different sets of breasts, and over 50% of the setting was in topless bars. Who formulated this movie? Sad thing is Harold Raimis, from Ghostbusters, was the director. I walked out to see what else was still showing and my choices were Just Friends and Walk the Line. I chose Just Friends.

The night was saved. It was a really good, funny, tragic, romantic comedy.

3 Movies I have walked out on: The Lady Killers, Bad Santa, Ice Harvest.

7 comments:

Bill Victor said...

You passed up Walk the Line? I don't even know you.

Anonymous said...

How dare you insult the late great Johnnie Cash thataway??
We walked out of the last two Billy Bob Thorton movies we've gone to see. Bad News Bears was obscene as well,a dn we left Bad Santa. Dissapoints me b/c i am a huge John Cusack fan.

Anonymous said...

Still love movies I see. Just the clean ones eh? Good for you!

It's the seeker here, just letting you know I'm still alive :)

The MAN Fan Club said...

reply to BillyV: It was on at 10:50 and it was over 2 hours long. I'll see it. Come on down, I'll treat.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Yes, 2 out of my 3 where Billy Bob movies. Profane for sure.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to seeker: I do miss your accountability. Hope and pray all is well.

Anonymous said...

I have been tempted many times to walk out of a movie but never have cause I feel like I wasted $10 for nothing. I guess I could ask for a refund but you never know if they would give it to you.