Monday, November 28, 2005

Disney Sucks, plus other stuff

My daughter is 4 1/2 and can either take or leave television. She is just as happy coloring, playing with her animals, or playing with her sticker books. Every once in while she does want to watch TV and we let her. There is not much on for a 4 year old in the afternoons. Dora, Blues Clues, The Wiggles, etc all run pretty early. So when she watches after 5pm it is Disney and Nickelodeon. We notice a sassier attitude or just some borderline unacceptable comments from her when she's had too much tv time. AND the shows she watches all say FAMILY. This is one reason I miss my DVR recorder. We could stock up on decent kids TV.

What movie? "Looking good Billy Ray!"
"Feeling good Lewis!"

I am feeling a little better. My father offered to pay for a doctor's visit. We shall see. My mom flew out today. She puts forth more effort with my kids than the 3 other grandparents all put together. She's a living Saint.

Saw the movie, Walk the Line, portraying Johnny Cash. Very good. I was just a lad in the late 60's, early 70's when his career really took off. My parents would always make me do the, "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash" intro for their friends.

Sure was windy the past 24 hours. Blew down a couple of privacy fences in the neighborhood. I despise those fences. If mine blows down I think I would install a black iron fence.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! I am glad you liked the Johnny Cash movie. The beast harldly ever watches TV now, unless its a movie on a night where Mommie needs some quiet time!! BM (before marriage) when i had homework for grad school the tv was her babysitter. Now, i have michael to play and i get done so much quicker without the distractions too, :) Double bonus!!

Anonymous said...

UGH, that was me!

Pigs said...

I'm with you on those fences, they make me crazy. I think the black iron ones are really pretty. Or a short picket fence. Or a low split rail. That's all I have to say about that.

Anonymous said...

My daughter only watches movies and will only watch t.v. if the DVD player is not hooked or what not (which has only been once or twice). Even though I am tired of watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory 100 times a day, I think it is better for her than even the disney channel sometimes (especially the shows in the late afternoon).

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to tkjzw AKA txgrl: Benefit #14 of marrying M, babysitter! I'm sure that benefit wasn't a closing factor!

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to deanna: yes, we've narrowed it down to a few movies she can watch or some type of animal safari video instead of Disney with all of those commercials: "I want that for Christmas..." after EVERY commercial.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to PIGS: I didn't know if it was ROD iron fence or ROT iron fence, but I think you knew. The wood fences are so impersonal and quickly become UGLY.

Pigs said...

How about wrought iron?

***Failed typing test 3 times to post this. Is God telling me something?

Artistic Soul said...

Most of the TV on these days is labeled incorrectly. They market it to a demographic younger that what should really be watching it.

Bill Victor said...

Trading Places

Bill Victor said...

BTW, nice title, did you learn that language from your sassy, TV watching daughter, or is she learning it from you? Are you the genius behind the dish commercial about the tv sucking?