Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Nothing

White Castle breakfast: $5.45
Full tank of gas: $25
Tinted back window for my Neon: $75
Lunch for the family at Buffalo Wild Wings: $35

My cost: NOTHING

One nice thing about visiting family and friends in St. Louis is the generosity they pour out. Today our plan included having my back window repaired and then driving a little out of town to look at Villas for my mom. She bought breakfast, we filled up her GMC, dropped off my Neon at my brother's shop, then ventured out to beautiful Washington, Missouri. Afterwards we met my brother for lunch, his treat.

After lunch my wife and I left the kids with Grandma and just drove through parts of St. Louis. We drove to an Italian neighborhood and bought a sandwich and a great Italian loaf of bread. From there we proceeded to a local custard place Ted Drewes for a St. Louis favorite. Our final journey home included visiting some special friends. Our final destination was Grandmas house.

Tomorrow we start our true good byes. We are actually staying overnight at my dad's place for the first time in over 5 years.

No comments: