Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Let's Try November

Long story short. It's mid-October and we're still using the AC. We got away with a few days of no AC and some decent nighttime sleeping weather, but we're giving in tonight. Maybe I'll crank it down to 65 and get a good night's sleep for a change.

What will November bring? The problem with Texas is there are truly only 2 seasons. Winter and Summer. We get teased with a few mild days, but nothing that is lasting. I do miss living in Missouri where there are true Springs and Falls. And, the leaves change colors and take their time making their ways to the ground. Here in Texas they are green one week, then on the ground the next.

What's the weather in your zip code?

5 comments:

Judypatooote said...

In Ohio it is 50/60's and the trees are just starting to turn, and fall....I have turned my heat on acouple of evenings....AC....is off.....but fall is my favorite time of the year.....good thing because I just stained my deck, and it is spotted orange....I thought stain was mixed, but NOT... so now I have a permanent fall deck....i thought about stenciling some leaves on it...lol

Bill Victor said...

Tell me you miss Missouri weather when you wake up to two inches of ice on the ground that stays there for 3 months.

The MAN Fan Club said...

kvkid: I too miss driving the Missouri countrysides. Especially around Hermann and Washington. Carthage was beautiful too. You know what it is like here.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Repyl to jugypatooote: You may be on to something with seasonal decks. I think I'd avoid turning on the heat for a L O N G time with the energy issues.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to Billyv: And you'll be driving back roads to get to school. Hope that Honda has newer tires on it. It has been a while since snow and ice have hit Missouri and stayed awhile. I do remember it back in the 90's.