Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Fun and Fellowship

It was a pretty good weekend.

Friday night: I spent time with my 2 kids while my wife hosted a bible study. We shopped for groceries and tried to eat at Wingstop. That place was PACKED. Nowhere to sit and about 4 deep in line. Not good for kids. I was stuck on getting wings and drove to a place about 10 miles away called Wingcredible. Great food. A little over my frugal budget though.(I had a coupon for Wingstop) ):

Saturday night: I actually stayed home ALL DAY. I am not sure when the last time I stayed home without leaving the house. I had many of my friends over for cards and we played from 5-11. I hit a rough spell the first 3 hours winning only one hand. I tread water the rest of the night.

Sunday night: It was nice to have cooler, damp weather come into town. We were invited to dinner with former neighbors of ours from 97-00. Back then they had one son and we were empty nesters. We had a 2 bedroom home and they had a small 3 bedroom home. We've moved on since then and when we moved back to Texas we ended up at the same church as them. They've got 3 boys and we've got 2 kids. We've had some times the last 3 years together, but had never gotten together for dinner so they invited us over for an excellent meal: grilled marinated pork, homemade scallop potatoes and grilled corn. We even managed to play a little cards and I had as much fun playing for FUN as I did playing for small stakes.

I do indeed feel that these are special times. Probably because they are flying by!

4 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

Sounds like a very relaxing weekend! I'm hoping to cash in on one like that this weekend.

Pigs said...

Sounds fun! I bet it killed you not to have a coupon at the second place.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to wiccachicky: I did lounge around a lot on Saturday, but spent a lot of time prepping for my Sunday lesson.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to pigs: All $3 worth of it. I'd probably spent the same amount, but would have gotten the FREE boneless wings for the kids instead of having to share. Only eating 5 measly wings. That's why I got the $2 fries basket. Not to be denied!