Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Cardinal Time

Tonight should be a fun, memorable night. My best friend BillyV from St. Louis is coming up and we are going out to watch the Cardinals/Astros game. I think the last time we got together to watch the Cardinals during last year's post season we saw one of 4 losses to the Boston Red Sox. Tonight will be special also because BillyV and I only have a few more days to hang out before he heads back to live in Missouri. It might still feel odd for him because tonight being a Wednesday night he may be in a Bar and Grill watching the game instead of teaching or preaching in a Baptist Church. This former Missourian, 15 year Texan, now PhD, is moving back to a town near The Lake of the Ozarks.

I know we'll get together at least one more time to play cards and I hope our families will get together because my daughter really enjoys the company of his daughter. Not as much as I do my friend BillyV though.

Go Cards! May this be a memorable year for the V family for moving reasons and Cardinal success.

3 comments:

Bill Victor said...

Good times, Mikenash. Thanks for the Shiner.

Artistic Soul said...

Oh that's too bad your friend is moving. I always hate that part.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to BillyV: You aint talkin bout no black eye either.