Wednesday, October 26, 2005

$11.55 dinner for ONE

I broke all the rules at dinner time tonight. After being at school for 13 hours I went and picked up the kids at church. From there I deposited a $50 check to boost my checking account to $51.35. I proceeded on to Home Depot to purchase a swingset kit for a friend. The time was nearing 9pm. I actually had plenty of cash in my wallet from collecting on my morning bagel order and I was hungry. My food intake for the day was one bagel with spread and a blueberry muffin for lunch.

My mind raced on what I wanted and I was thinking Popeyes for their delicious catfish and possibly a wing or 2. My daughter has decided that her dinner at 5pm wasn't enough so I kind of ordered for 2. Catfish combo with drink $6 plus anouther $3 for catfish only and then at about $2.50 for 2 orders of wing/biscuit. WOW, my dinner total for as much as what it costs me to take my family to dinner at a few places in town.

As I drove away I realized they hadn't given me my drink so with kids in tow I had to go back through the drive thru and wait an extra 5 minutes for my drink. Dinner was good.

I left home this morning at 6:35 am and arrived back home about 9:30pm. And a few of you think educators get paid too much and work part time.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I hope it was worth it for that much.

I try not to spend too much when I am by myself knowing that if I spend $10 that could've bought all of us dinner.

Pigs said...

Big spender! I would have lingering guilt over that. By the way, wait until you see what you got for eating that blueberry muffin...

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! MT doesn't understand why i tutor on my lunch break. At least I'm on teh clock then!!
We had a freebie dinner tonight as a trail run for the new Fridays they are opening at the new mall. It was a test for the waiters and cooks and such. i had chicken n shrimp, MT had chicken pasta, and Tay had ribs, PLUS appetizters, drinks, ad ddessert. Total cost: $8 tip.
NICE!

Bill Victor said...

txgrl passed up coffee with the Victors for that. I hope it was worth it. Hey Nash, remind me about how much work and low pay when you are off for all of June and July, Xmas break (2 weeks), Spring break (1 week) and your personal and (ahem) "sick" days. Suck it up, Nancy boy. You too, txgrl, MT is a very bright boy.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to Deanna: It was good, but their wings are WIMPY. Catfish was great.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to pigs: What I got? Maybe a bigger wasteline. It helped me get thru conferences. Guess I owe Nursebetty.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to txgrl: I'm jealous. Usually I score deals like that. I like their Jack Daniels sesame chicken. Mmmmm.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to BillyV: Plus I do other things for cash: detail cars, mow, build swingsets, play Hold Em.

Anonymous said...

RE: BILLYV- Coffe that was invited too the DAY before, when i asked you (OR you both) to go dinner HOW long ago?? I can take a hint!

RE: MAN: good times, my friend...good times...in my experience most things involving JD are pretty good stuff. ;)

The MAN Fan Club said...

A little JD in moderation isn't a bad thing. Just don't drive to visit JD and his few friends.