Monday, October 10, 2005

Bonus time

I am currently receiving bonus time. To me bonus time is that extra little bit of time you normally don't get whether it is a surprise or not and you get to pick something to do uninterrupted.

Top 5 bonus times:
5. Sundays from 12-3 when I don't have a church obligation or meeting. I love to relax, read the paper, snack and watch football. This hasn't happened YET this year.
4. Every Friday at school I don't have duty so I get a full hour for lunch: 12-1. Ahhhh!
3. Days off: whether I take a personal day, or it is a scheduled day off for school. Usually when everyone else has to work.
2. Saturdays when I don't have to prepare a Sunday School lesson. This can free up to 4 hours of my time.
1. Today: after school when I get home and the wife tells me the kids started their naps at 3pm. Meaning, I get 4pm until at least 5pm if not 6pm before I have to interract. It is just nice to come home to a quiet house after working with 40 kids each day.

I appreciate my wife for doing this for me!

5 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

I love having days off too! We had one here today, and I get tomorrow as a bonus day (because we don't take Labor Day for some weird academic calendar reason).

I'm hoping one more day of good rest will get me back on track - thanks for stopping by and commenting. I did a solid hour of meditation today, which really helped me out.

Bill Victor said...

I have been getting a lot of free days lately. They are stressing me out. I get paid by the hour right now and a free day means no pay. (I used to love Fridays, my day off when I was on church staff, I will miss that, and not too much else)

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to Wiccachicky:

Labor/Columbus day???
Get healthy. Get positive! Our students get the 17th off for State Fair day. We have 1/2 day development 1/2 day work. Weee! At least no kids.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to billyv:

Only so many off days for you and then total faith!

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to lizmommy2:

Kids are great, but alone time or adult time is priceless. I think my wife is getting the itch to either get out of the house or get back to work.