Thursday, October 27, 2005

Home Alone

My family left for St. Louis this morning before 7am. They will be gone until at least Monday so I'll have extra time to myself. How will I use it? Earlier this month I took the kids to St. Louis and my wife had alone time. Now it's my turn.

Today I took a personal day and spent most of it outside building something. Another beautiful October day her in Texas. I had tentative plans with a friend to see a movie, but he did not return my call. Got invited to go out to a bar n grill, but opted to still go to the movies. Since I arrived too early I decided to watch a little bit of Two for the Money. I just know if I lost about 20 lbs. I'd have a cut body like Matthew McConaughey. I bought a ticket for Stay starring Ewen McGregor. Odd movie and very disturbing. My mind was spinning enough that it felt like I was in the movie as long as 10 minutes after leaving the theatre. Very odd. Maybe I should have stayed in the Matthew movie.

Friday: I'm not sure. May play cards.

Saturday: Mowing at the church and loading a Uhaul for my best friend BillyV who is leaving me behind in Texas. Not sure about Saturday night.

Sunday: I'm sure church is involved, but I may actually go out and watch the first set of football games at a decent sports bar. Maybe see a movie Sunday night.

My dad turned 64 today. Happy Birthday dad! I do sometimes wish I weren't 600 miles away.

4 comments:

Pigs said...

Wooooooo! Par-tay at MAN's house!

Or...play your cards. You know, whatever.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to Pigs: movies(discount), hockey and parking(for FREE), help a friend move, and then cards.

AH, life is good.

Bill Victor said...

Another "personal day". Tell me again about the struggle of the over worked teacher...

Artistic Soul said...

Sounds fun! I'm waiting for December because then I'll have personal days to catch up on silly stuff!