Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Brokedown Cars in Oklahoma and Missouri

I drove back to Texas from Missouri on Sunday and decided to record all the broken down cars in Missouri and Oklahoma. I gave up after 400 miles. The following list is in order.

Chrysler Sebring
Ford Bronco
Ford Taurus
Pontiac Grand Am
Nissan Pathfinder
Ford Truck
Ford Truck
Chevy Corsica
Dodge Caravan
Dodge Daytona
Buick Skylark
Ford Aerostar
Chevy Lumina
AMC Eagle
Pontiac Grand Am
Ford LTD
Ford Van
Pontiac Grand Prix

What do you conclude from this list? The newest vehicle was probably the Pathfinder which may have been 6-8 years old. This was about 1 car for every 25 miles. Some stretches of highway I could only see the cars on my side too. I'm sure there were more.

I conclude that either:
A) mostly American made cars break down
B) Import car owners take better care of their cars
C) FORD may mean Found On Road Dead
D) It's not good to have a car older than 10 years old
E) Nobody in farm country drives imports

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't even think to count. I was just too busy trying to stay awake in OK. There is only about two streches of 69 that are pretty: Lake Eufaula and another stretch before you get to Atoka. Other than that...
bv

Anonymous said...

I did get lucky however. I found a Cardinal affiliate out of Pryor, OK, which I went through right at game time. Kept the station all the way through the seventh inning. Good times, made the drive go faster. Although I hate Shannon and Hagin, talk me into liking them.

The MAN Fan Club said...

reply to BV:

I could have been STILL COUNTING BLUE CARS by Dishwalla.
I think it is a pretty easy drive. I know you despise it, but only have to worry about it a very limited # of times. Hope you are not like Farnham and block Texas from your mind.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to Lizmommy2:

A little tough driving and writing by yourself. At least there is usually 10-20 miles between MOST breakdowns.

The MAN Fan Club said...

reply to anonymous BV:

I listened to the Chargers/Patriots game in OK because there is a CBS TV station aired on the radio. Couldn't pick up the Cowgirls game until Sherman????? Glad I couldn't get the Rams.

Artistic Soul said...

HAHAHAHA - I noticed this when I drove cross country too. Never thought to map out which cars it was - but I did have an Olds that I finally junked because it was always breaking down.