Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sorry, We're Closed

I had kid duty tonight and procrastinated until about 7:15 before deciding what to do for dinner. Dining at home was out since we, check that, my wife did a major cleaning on the house in preparation for a birthday party Saturday.

With 2 kids I really wasn't that excited about going IN anywhere so I decided to drive to Ameriyaki grill, a place WAY across town. I really enjoy their teryaki chicken bowl and they've got Jr. burgers which the kids like. I have them addressed in my cell phone and tried calling about 1/2 way there. My plan was to just go in and pick up dinner and drive back home. As I turned the corner I got that sinking feeling when I didn't see any cars out front.

Sure enough, there was a sign on the door saying "Sorry, we're closed." I think they were closed for good because the specials board on the inside was wiped clean also.

I am not good in situations like this. I just sat there not knowing what to do. Having a teryaki chicken bowl was my ONLY consideration. My daughter rescued "us" and said she wanted Sonic which was right next door. Cheese stix it was so I reluctantly gave in and ended up eating some greasy fried food which is not on my diet plan.

This is the 2nd favorite restaurant that has closed on me in the last 2 years. I guess the next time I find a place I REALLY like I'll start ordering doubles, not look for ways to save money, buy stock, work for them for FREE and so on.

Bummer!

No comments: