Friday, April 20, 2007

Karoake

How do you get CARE E O KEE out of Karoake? Anyway tonight I stopped by a local establishment after my softball game since a good friend invited me to stop by and share the pizza he had ordered. I sat there for about a 1/2 hour before they got the karoake going. I wonder how much the karoake business has picked up since American Idol has hit it big?

Out of the handful of songs that people sang I maybe heard one person who was half way decent and from prior experience I've seen this GROUPIE singing for this karoake person before. He dresses like Elvis and sings mostly Elvis songs. We sat and wondered what a guy with side burns that big did for a regular job.

My idea is that there should be a gong like the Gong Show of the late 70's where a talent act came out and any of the 3 judged could put the person out of there misery or embarrassment by banging a gong. A few of the people were horrible. Guess that is why they sell so many beers. One, for the person who can't sing who needs the encouragement to sing and second for all the people who have to listen to American Idol wannabes.

I sang karoake one time and it was after last call and the bar area dwindled down to about 5 people. I sang Suspicious Minds originally be Elvis and redone by Dwight Yoakum.

No comments: