Thursday, April 26, 2007

Anxiously Waiting

Last Saturday I had my third interview for Small District that my wife works in. The first interview was a phone screen. The second was a writing piece followed up by a round robin style scenario interview with 3 different sets of administrators. The last one was a more intense interview with an administrator and central office personel. I'm still waiting. I had hoped to hear something one way or another by now. Maybe they will interview others who have made the cut this Saturday. They claim over 1000 people have applied for 10 positions. 1% chance I guess.

I remember being in the same position in 1999 when I interviewed for wife's district and interviewed specifically at one school for a special education job at a regular campus. I had 1 1/2 years experience in an isolated behavior school so getting out was a major interest. My wife and I were at a friends house watching the Stars play a playoff game. I didn't have a cell phone, but I do remember calling the assistant principal from this house and actually getting offered the job over the phone. It was a pretty exciting time, maybe because I was real desperate then.

This time I am not as desperate as I like where I work for the most part. I am "valued" by many of my co-workers and I know exactly what my expectations would be for next year. It would be nice and convenient to be on the same schedule as my wife, but would be perfectly happy staying put.

I'll leave this one up to God. I've already prayed about it so why worry!

No comments: