Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Dieting Roadblocks

I've managed to do pretty well on my Weight Watchers diet and only had one day since 11/2 where I planned to blow my diet, but the plan I am on allows for special occasions like poker night as long as I have enough "points" to spend on food. Two times now that I've gone out and eat I've been put in harms way by receiving extra or more food than I ordered. Last Tuesday night I ordered the 4 piece strips from Chick Fil A and I got a 6 piece. Of course I ate them. It put me over by 3 points on the night because I didn't plan on anything extra. Tonight I went thru Jack In the Box's drive thru and ordered one monster taco and a small fries.....14 points total and I had about 17 to spend. The girl manning the drive thru window was a student of mine 4 years ago and somehow I got 2 extra FREE tacos. I used up 2 of my 3 remaining points by munching on 1/2 of a taco. Pre-diet I would have munched on both and not thought twice about it.

I weigh in this Wednesday and I am hoping to break the 10 pound barrier. I feel pretty good and have been to the gym multiple times. I'll probably go over points Thursday, but I've saved my extra points for that occasion. I'll have what I want Thursday, but not too much of it.

No comments: