Friday, September 01, 2006

Flowers or Not?

My wife's birthday is this Sunday and she doesn't like to tell me what to get her for her birthday. Unlike my dad I refuse to buy giftcards or give cash as a birthday gift so I try to be creative. I thought about sending her flowers at school and then last night about 10pm I realized I hadn't ordered them yet. My excuses could be that we had a busy week since we only have one car now and our schedule is out of whack and last night was curriculum night at school. I got online and searched for florists and found one called sunshine-florist. I ordered a European arrangement for $40 plus delivery. I clicked order and entered my credit card info. I made a cute card and ask that it be sent to her school. I thought it was a great idea. I could kill 2 birds with one stone since she got a new position AND it will be her birthday. I could make her feel special amongst her peers.

As the day went on I tracked the purchase and by noon it wasn't delivered. I called 3 times before 3 and they assured me it would be delivered. By 3:30 I gave up since my wife was about to leave school. Fortunately I was able to cancel the order and get my $50 refunded.

Long story short, I got to tell my wife that I TRIED to deliver flowers to her school. Now I can let her spend $50 on flowers at a local nursery and she'll really enjoy planting them out front since hopefully the drought and heat wave is over.

Now I just have to figure out what else to buy her since she hasn't given me any hints. Problem is we have ONE car and she'll have to stay home while I shop.

No comments: