Wednesday, September 20, 2006

$1

This weekend was our growing city's flea market called Trade Days. It happens every month on the 3rd weekend. My mom was visiting with her sister and they are professionals when it comes to flea markets and yard sales so we took them Saturday morning. This flea market is the perfect size because with steady movement my wife and I can get thru it with the kids in less than 2 hours.

For me the draw is trying to find a decent ball cap for about $5. I didn't have any luck this time because most hats were of the Mexican or Texas football varieties. I almost pulled the trigger on a $4 red Addidas hat or a $3 Budweiser Dale Jr. hat, but resisted. One stand also has multi pack socks for cheap but there was no need at this time. My wife did find one vendor who was selling ALL of his shirts for $1. This included decent thread count Fruit of the Loom t-shirts as well as a few short sleeved golf style pull over shirts. I ended up buying 2 shirts, one a reddish-maroon and another a color that Billyv would probably like to have....a burnt orange Texas Longhorn colored shirt. It actually had a tie dyed effect across the chest. I wore both shirts this weekend and washed them. They didn't shrink or fade. What a deal.

The cool thing was getting a couple of compliments on my burnt orange shirt Monday. Little did they know the shirt only cost $1. I guess next time I'll spend the $3 to park and walk straight to this vendor. It might help if I went on Friday for a better selection. Buy at least 10 shirts and clear out old shirts to give to Goodwill. At least I wouldn't feel so bad staining or ruining a shirt that only cost me $1.

Now if I could only find a car for $1.

No comments: