Sunday, September 10, 2006

Addicted to Jeeps

I have found myself spending hours online looking for Jeep CJ-7s. If you've been trying to call I apologize. In the past I would blame the busy signal on my blogging addictions or my desire to play poker online(FREE KIND). Since selling our Jeep Liberty our thoughts and efforts have casually turned to looking for a 2nd mode of transportation. I really feel that I am an educated consumer. I've been through the Consumer Reports used card book trying to weed out cars with bad scores(nearly all American made cars). I've looked thru the local paper classifieds for new and used cars. Last week I went to the auto auction.

Our possible choices for vehicles under the $5000 mark includes: Jeep Cherokee, Dodge Neon, Chrysler Sebring, Dodge Stratus. All which score poorly with CR. This weekend my wife and I have probably spent 6 hours looking online at CJ-7s. My sources have been Autotrader.com, Cars.com, Craigslist.com and Ebay. Last night my wife found the car we are looking for. A 1980 Jeep CJ-7 with an 8 cylinder motor and a hardtop for only $6000. Cheap if you know Jeeps. Problem is, it is in Georgia. How can someone realistically buy something they haven't seen or driven?

This morning at church I had to confess my coveting or lusting for a Jeep CJ-7. I've owned 2 in my life, but it has been nearly 10 years. Believe it or not they were cheaper back then.

Anyone out there with a CJ-7 for sale?

No comments: