Thursday, June 01, 2006

Manual Labor

I worked for my brother today. That meant waking up before 7am and arriving for work by 8am. I was filling in for one of the 3 employees who took a 3 day vacation. I was weed eating and mowing before 8:15. Took me about 2 hours in total. For those of you who know me mowing is no big task. I practically consider it one of my hobbies. I definitely got a work out as I tested out my sweat glands. It is really humid here in Missouri. I also helped clean a few cars also. I got to leave at 2:30 so it wasn't a full 8 hour day of hard labor.

The humbling thing is the worker that I filled in for has been with this company for about 23 years and he is making about $10 an hour, without benefits. Walmart is advertising night stockers for $10.50.

My brother doesn't mind paying me because it means that I'll have spending cash for bowling, drinks and dinner later in the day.

I got tomorrow off!

No comments: