Monday, June 12, 2006

Naps

Raise your hand if you like to take naps.

I usually am too busy to take naps normally, but with school out I do have a little extra time on my hands. I did take a bit of a nap on Saturday as the kids napped and the wife shopped. And when we got home about 2pm on Sunday after church and lunch I stretched out on the bed with the TV on in the background. The wife took up her half of the bed and I think some TLC program was on so I dozed off. Problem was she would woke me up and was giving me a hard time for wanting to take a nap. What else am I going to be doing other than wasting my brain cells watching mindless TV? I was a little short on sleep since I stayed out 'til 3am Friday night playing cards. Then at 7:30am Saturday morning my son was demanding attention. After I was clearly awake my wife throws in a "leave daddy alone......."

The thing is my wife gets frustrated if I want to go to bed early or if I try to take a nap. I don't know why, she just does. I've got all summer off so napping is a luxury and a right.

What is your opinion of an occasional nap?

No comments: