Thursday, January 04, 2007

On the Road Again

Stayed at my dad's last night which is a rarity because there isn't much to do at his place and he is a heavy smoker. I am thankful that he quit drinking because it is so much more pleasant visiting now. I woke up this morning about 4 am to the smell of "fresh" cigarette smoke. I just wish he could give up the cigarettes as easy as he did the alcohol.

We left his place just after noon and he treated us to Pizza Hut buffet in small town Missouri. He left a $4 tip on a $16 bill. Pretty generous! After a 3 hour drive we arrived in BillyVtown Missouri. BillyV got home from his job around 7pm and we went out and enjoyed some Backyard burgers. I recommend this place.

This is the last leg of the trip and probably for me the most rewarding. I've got less than 24 hours to catch up on a special friendship. I'll have to let BillyV know that God spoke to me about BillyV moving back to Texas to start a new church. If anyone else out there is being spoken to about BillyV moving back to Texas please let me know!

See you in Texas late Friday night!

No comments: