Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Flirting....at a Walmart?

My family went out Monday, a scheduled day off, to do a little bit of shopping. The initial drive to Target was a little icy as we saw a few cars spun out facing the wrong way. HELLO TEXAS, that's ice! After leaving Target the roads looked a lot better so we ventured on to Walmart to pick up just a few diet friendly items that Target didn't have. Since it would be a quick jog in my family stayed in the car and I went in. When I came out I noticed a woman trying to load a piece of furniture into her small SUV. She had the box 1/2 in the back and the other 1/2 in the tipped over cart. My car was parked 2 spots away and as I put my bag in my car I asked if she would like some help. She pleaded, "Please." It was a little awkward getting the box in, especially since her tipping the cart sideways attempt was unsuccessful. We successfully placed the box in and I climbed into my car.

When I sat in the driver's seat my wife asked something along the lines of, "Are you meeting her for dinner later?" I guess she was insinuating that maybe I was flirting. A few other times during the day she joked about it. Okay the lady was attractive, but I offered to help before I was able to rate her an 8 or a 9. So if it was a lady in her 60's or someone who was overweight would I have gotten the jabs?

I just played it out and made a few comments about possibly meeting my new girlfriend when I left the house later for a short trip.

No comments: