Monday, February 20, 2006

Great Weekend!

My mom and best friend came in Thursday night and we sure packed in a plethera of activities.

Thursday night: Firewall movie 1/4 stars
Friday: bowling and cards
Saturday: Good Night and Good Luck movie 2 1/2 of 4 stars
Saturday night: 40th birthday party that ended up with Texas Hold Em
Sunday: church, shopping, Cinderella Man and dinner at home.
Monday: treacherous icy drive to and from airport.

I am the type of person who loves to post an activity on the calendar far in advance and this special weekend was one that I eagerly awaited for weeks. Once Thursday arrived I automatically felt a sense of letdown knowing that I was about to experience special times and that it would only last for about 4 days. The days went along rewardingly as expected and we woke up this morning around 5:30am to prepare for their 8:25am departure. With it being a National holiday I figured traffic would be light. The problem was the overpasses were icy and the first 5 miles took over 30 minutes to drive. There were accidents everywhere with one vehicle even turned upside down. I made it to the airport in time and actually got back to school just 10 minutes late. Their flight didn't crash and I made it back safely. Prayers were answered.

Now it will be tough to get back to a routine. I've been off the 1500 calorie diet for about 10 days and really need to get it going again.

Next date posted on the calendar is March 10th, 3:30pm. That is when my Spring Break will officially begin and we will head back to St. Louis to enjoy friends and family.

No comments: