Sunday, June 03, 2007

Movie News

Right now is not a good time to be a movie goer fan. There is a 16 screen theatre near my house with Pirates and Shrek taking up 11 of those 16 screens. 3 movies opened up this weekend taking up 1 screen and there are 3 movies scheduled for part time runs. The only non-new movie to take up a full day is Bugs and for some dumb reason I saw it last night without researching the full plotline........it was horrible.

Also, MTV is hosting a movie awards ceremony tonight with Sarah Silverman hosting. I had it on for about 3 minutes and had to change channels because my kids were still up. Even if they were not up I would have changed channels because she was extremely vulgar and the content was disturbing to the Spirit that lives within me. Bummer!

Why does Hollywood insist on putting out such non-wholesome junk? Even the animated "kids" flicks have much inappropriate material. There is no way I'll take my family to see "Surf's Up" that is due out in a few weeks.

That said, I still have about $20 left in theatre giftcards to use along with 4 free movie passes. Once I go to St. Louis I'll have to keep these for late summer movies. Hopefully by then something decent will be out.

No comments: