Thursday, December 28, 2006

Movie Night

Wednesday marked our first day in STL and my dad drove in to spend a couple of hours with my family. We exchanged gifts and the kids got to play around a little bit. Biggest event of the day was when my dad tried to change my son's diaper. My dad has a HUGE gag reflex and we always tease that my son, 2 1/2 can't go out to pawpaws until grandpa learns how to change diapers. He got down to the wiping stages and lost it. WE were outside and he abandoned my son butt naked on the front porch. My wife and I stepped in and finished the job.

Around noon my wife took the kids and drove about 1 1/2 hours out to her parents. She "said" she didn't mind if I didn't go so I stayed to spend time with my mom. As my wife is leaving I get stuck in the mindframe that maybe she did really want me to go. Well, if she REALLY wanted me to go she should just say so. My mom and I watched 2 Anthony Hopkins movies last night: Proof and The World's Fastest Indian. The latter movie was based on a true story and was the better of the 2 movies. I recommend that you watch it.

Shopped and ate lunch at a pizza place where I once delivered pizzas. The owner called out my name as I walked in. We got to talk and reminisce a little bit. He's 1 year older than me and has a son in college and a daughter in high school....WOW!

Friday: Bowling and date night with my wife
Saturday: Bowling, family dinner and gift exchange, Giants vs. Redskins
Sunday: Rams at noon and New Years!
Monday: Wife goes back to Texas, I stay here til Thursday.

No comments: