Sunday, April 02, 2006

Church Confusion

Our Pastor made a decision that our church family would not move their clocks forward until AFTER church services on Sunday meaning we didn't lose an hour of sleep until after church. We arrived at church at our 8:00 am time which was really 9 am for everyone else. I do know of some negative reception of this decision and time will tell if it was a good one or not.

The reason for the delayed time change was that the Sunday after daylight savings time is traditionally one of the lowest attended Sundays.

My observations:
-the low attendance numbers are because members are lazy and take advantage of the time change and make it the excuse for staying home
-the visitors parking is right outside my room and I saw at least 4-5 families that pulled up, unloaded, found out we were on a different schedule, and left
-some of those families may not have come back
+I did see some families return
+2 families brought their 3 year olds to my class and stayed with us
+I got to know a couple that I wouldn't normally have gotten to know
-it was really 1:20 by the time we left church
-we didn't get home until about 3pm after lunch

I found out today that daylight savings time will start sometime in November and end in February the next time around.

Don't forget to change the batteries in your smoke detectors!

No comments: