Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Just a Few Comments For Today

After driving in towards the big city 2 nights in a row to do a little Holiday shopping I am thankful that I tlive, work and go to church in the same community.

Do Chinese restaurants buy discarded frying oil from other restaurants? My sesame chicken tasted great, but the smell of that old oil stunk up my Jeep.

When taking a 1 1/2 year old out Christmas shopping make sure you take a diaper bag. OOPS. 30 minutes in my son poops his diaper. I got lucky. There was one diaper in the Jeep and a ziplock bag with a few wet wipes. That extended our shopping one hour.

One of our school calendar choices has the kids starting the Tuesday after Labor Day. The only reason I like this is we would actually have 3 FULL months off for once. We'd pay later by only getting 2 days off at Thanksgiving and 9 days at Christmas.

Assessments in school are helpful most of the time, except when you have a child having anxiety attacks 2 days in a row. Watch out, for tomorrow is Math day. This is a bright kid too!

KING KONG IS SHOWING AT THE THEATRES. Almost pulled the trigger last night and went to the 12:01 showing. So last night when I took a 2:30 am bathroom trip I was thinking that I could actually have been at the movies still. Glad I didn't go.

4 comments:

Bill Victor said...

Some of those mall bathrooms have free diapers (or cheap ones in a dispenser). I have no interest in King Kong. Supposed to rival Titanic for box office. I doubt it, not enough of a chick flick. Probably too many dinosaurs.

MommyProf said...

Oh, honey, you need to keep emergency diaper bags in every car you own, your desk, Mommy's desk, all around the town. That saved my bacon so many times...

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to billyv: you know me. I'll see 3 movies I shouldn't see just to find the 1 or 2 that are pretty decent. I just don't have any discernment or have a low level of conviction.

It won't be a Titanic. I worked Titanic in 97 and that was crazy. Even during the week.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to mommyprof: Yes, you are right. My wife and I are not that organized. I was either lucky or provided for and blessed, depending how you look at it.