Thursday, December 22, 2005

Final Gift Count

Christmas came early for me. Like PIGS says, "I was a kid in a candy shop."

$40 in Star Bucks gift cards. I have already arranged to trade out for other gift cards since I don't do coffee.

$30 in Sonic gift cards. I even got $10 from a student I am always redirecting and I was totally suprised to get something from him.

$20 to a local Saltgrass Steak company along with a cheese/salami/cracker set from one student.

2 wallets. Looks like my brother will get a brown leather trifold this year.

2 boxes of chocolates. Not sure on this??? Take some to the movies tonight?

$15 movie gift cards. YES!

About a dozen "what am I going to do with this" type of gifts. I may regift some and hold on to the others for a future yard sale.

Speaking of yards, I moved mine today. Yes, I mowed in December. It was near 60 and real nice. I wanted to clean it up and chop up the few leaves in the yard. Had to borrow my neighbor's mower because mine won't stay running.

Be careful out there.

6 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

Holy cow! You made out like a bandit! Now we'll have to see what Santa brings you...ho ho ho! ;o)

Pigs said...

You can thank me later for telling all those parents that you wanted gift cards from restaurants. They gave me...Stuff. Not sure how to describe some of it. I got ANOTHER frock!

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to wiccachicky: My parents still go crazy. I get about $50 from each of them. My wife gets the same amount. Guess I'll do the same for my kids when I get to 60.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to random: Who do you give chocolates to? The first box I opened was, take a bite, throw away. Take a bite, throw away. Nasty flavors.

Be in STL 25th-2nd.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to hOkie: If it were to snow I'd be out there doing that too. I did clean the windows in the house. It looked great until the sunshine exposed many streaks.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to PIGS: Thanks. I hope you benefit some from my gift cards. I'll track down the Mama Emelia's gift cards so we can double up with our spouses soon.