Saturday, December 03, 2005

$139 Christmas Tree(not Holiday tree)

Friends of our from church run a Christmas tree lot and they still call them CHRISTMAS trees! Are people really interested in having a "holiday" tree? Anyway, last night as we were walking out the door on a family adventure this friend from church called saying they would be at their tree lot. He upsold me on a Noble Fir and said a 7-8 ft. tree would be the best. Normally we pick the Douglas Fir as they are the cheapest. You see, this will be the 3rd year in a row that I barter and trade a Christmas tree for auto detailing. The last 2 years I've detailed a Suburban in exchange for a $50 range tree. This year, this friend, upsold me on a $139 Noble Fir.

I get the most expensive and tallest tree we've every had, and he gets his Suburban detailed, his father in law's 2 door Lexus detailed and his wife's Lexus 4 dr. recleaned and dressed since I detailed it a month ago for cash. The tree is now in our living room, but it is still naked. We don't really have the right ornaments/lights for this kind of tree. My friend now has a clean Lexus and his father in law is driving a clean Lexus 2dr. convertible which even in December has the top down. It's 80 degrees today.

So I am all about trading! I also detailed another friend's Chrysler minivan and he gave me $100 asking me to put one future detail on credit.

What would your trade in order to have your car detailed?

4 comments:

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to rt: How do your cats deal with Christmas(Holiday) decorations? My son and the cat have already attacked the lowest ornaments. "Ball" as my son calls it.

jules said...

Well, you already know I'll trade babysitting. Just put all the decorations out of baby boy's reach. He'll learn to climb by watching the cat! Thus you have taught him an important life skill.
Merry Christmas Manster.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to Jules: the cat has deleted the bottom 2 feet of ornaments. The boy has been better than the cat.

Artistic Soul said...

That's awesome! Word must have gotten out about how good you are with the cars!