Sunday, December 04, 2005

Colder Today

I had planned to detail a car right after church today so last night I got out a tee shirt, shorts, socks and shoes to change into after church. Well, as I walked out to put my son into the Jeep I realized it was going to be much colder today. I got him a sock hat and added sweatpants and a long sleeve T to add to my wardrobe. It was near 80 yesterday and maybe 50 and breezy today. Chilly willy for sure.

After detailing a Honda Pilot I drove by an older mobile home park where the residents are mainly Mexican immigrants. Their entertainment today was volleyball. There must have been about 20 guys around the court and as many as 5 of them were not wearing shirts. Then they break a major sporting rule by wearing jeans to play a very athletic game. I also think beer was being served.

Why is it people from Mexico prefer to drink Budweiser? You'd think they would choose Dos XX, Milagro Negra, or Corona.

10 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

Well, Budwieser IS a status symbol for many of those communities. The fact that they are drinking it may be partially because it's an attempt to assimilate to American culture, or perhaps because in the states we charge so much more for Mexican imports than Bud.

Bill Victor said...

because it's better

Anonymous said...

I like the cold weather. It means winter is finally here. I was getting worried because the first week of November it was blaring hot here in California but now is pretty chilly and I like it.

Anonymous said...

i'm going with the cheaper theory as well. budweiser, yuck.

Bill Victor said...

If you're going for cheaper, then in Natty Light or Milwaukee's Best.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to wicca: I agree. It probably is less expensive than their native beer. Plus being #1 in the world.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to billyV: Some of my best friends prefer Budweiser, I just aint ever seen with them.....

....because one lives in St. Louis and another near the Lake of the Ozarks.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to Deanna: we had 89 degree temps here Saturday and low 50's Sunday. This Wednesday is suposed to hover around 30 all day. NASTY.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Natural Light in a bottle IF, YOU HAVE TO, or if budget is of concern. Never had MW BEAST.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Reply to txgrl: Expensive doesn't mean better either. I guess expensive usually means unique or from somewhere else.