Sunday, October 12, 2008

Texas State Fair

Every year the students get a free state fair ticket that is good during the week. This year the ticket was good any Monday thru Friday starting this Friday the 10th. Every since I started teaching in Texas there has been a "state fair" day, usually on a Monday where all students and teachers can go to the fair for free. Last year it was a nightmare to go that day since it takes over an hour to drive that last 10 miles. Then the skies opened up on us as well left and it took almost as long to leave the park.

This year is a bit different. We do not officially have a state fair day, but the students and teachers still got their free ticket. Students did have a 1/2 last Friday, but teachers didn't. The teacher ticket is at least good ANYTIME though. What I see happening this week is that we'll lose a few attendance days to kids taking off to go to the fair. The weather is great right now compared to near 100's this late in the year last year.

I'm tempted to take a 1/2 day and pull my daughter out at noon and go enjoy a 2pm-8pm day at the fair. If I do go I will seek out the Dallas Morning News guy who is selling subscriptions. Last year they were offering $50 in state fair coupons if you subscribed to the newspaper. Really a no-brainer if you think about it.

With going to the state fair and then heading to St. Louis my 5 straight weeks of weight loss may be in jeopardy. I'm so close to a milestone. May need to treadmill for an hour everyday. Moderation is the key. I've just got to maintain!

State Fair and St. Louis or bust!

No comments: