Thursday, June 05, 2008

You Never Know

Stopped by the gym yesterday and noticed a sign at the kiosk that mentioned all smoothie sales would results in 1/2 of the money being donated to the family of a manager who had passed away a few days earlier. I did a double take because this was a woman who had visited our church on a few occasions and I had a connection to. Each time I saw her at the gym I'd say high and asked about her husband or her son. Not one time went by without me making contact with her. On a few occasions I'd mention that we missed her and her family or that we had a different series coming up and such.

Immediately I called my pastor and told him the news. As far as I knew we may have been her most recent church family even though they had only visited a few times. I feel slightly burdened wondering if I did my best to connect her family with our church family. Maybe sometime it will be revealed to me.

You never know how much time you have on this earth. The time is definitely finite. You also never know when its the last time you may interact with someone.

Pray for this family.

No comments: