Thursday, June 19, 2008

Will Work for Bowling

We were planning on going to Six Flags today, but my brother asked me to work for him. Beautiful day for Six Flags though. I helped around the shop and we left at 3pm to go bowling. I think my brother wishes one of his 3 workers would go bowling with him. Today I did not accept any pay, I just let my brother pay for bowling and drinks. We had a coupon for $20-2 hours lane rental, shoe rental and a pitcher of soda. Not bad. My brother also paid for drinks and popcorn. I won both matches finishing strong with strikes in both 10th frames.

Friday we plan on going on the canoe trip. WE-me, my wife and our 4 and 7 year old children. The river might be up a bit, but the canoe place said things are fine. My mom lives right by the Meramec River and it is up. We'll floa this river closer to its source. We went to the park on Tuesday night and yesterday they closed it due to the river coming into the park. Most of the severe rain has been north of Missouri, but all that flood water is making its way to the Missouri River and to the St. Louis area. The St. Louis riverfront where they have the band and concessions for Fair St. Louis is all under water.

Did You Know? That the Meramec River is the only river north of the equator that actually travels north and away from the equator? All rivers flow south towards the equator.

No comments: