Monday, May 26, 2008

Church Family

I can't say enough how much having church friends, which really is what I consider my local family, means in tough times. I also have a great connection at work as well.

I had a rough week at my job and Friday was probably the worse day I've had all year. I came home and was ready to crash. My friend B offered to come over and bring pizza and cold beverages. He and his wife hung out and really gave me valuable support. We then had a yard sale on Saturday as well and on Saturday night we went to see Indiana Jones.

On Friday while facing these severely stressful moments I immediately sent email to church friends asking them to pray for me as soon as they got the email. And this morning at church I was part focus of our morning pre-worship prayer. I left church this morning just about as stress free as I've felt in a long time.

I am so thankful for close friends and the fact that I have many brothers and sisters in Christ who have helped carry me through this rough week. All praise to God!

No comments: