Tuesday, May 13, 2008

.2 Pounds

I started attending Weight Watchers classes late March and for the first 5 classes I lost at least 2 pounds each week. I've gotten to a comfortable weight, for me, and the last 2 times I've gone in I lost 4/10ths of a pound a week ago and 2/10ths last night. I haven't really crashed my diet as I am still within the allowed points per week. I do know that I do not diversify my foods enough with fruits, veggies and milk.

I am on a point system and I spend points during the day as I eat select foods. I am allowed 34 points each day. An example for me might be:

breakfast: low fat english muffin, poached egg, precooked bacon=4 points
lunch: turkey sandwich, low cal bread, 2% cheese, fat free pringles=4 points

This allows me at least 26 points for dinner and I tend to save these points for some less than healthy meals. I am given an additional 35 bonus points each week to spread out for special occasions. I can also earn extra points for working out. 30 minutes on the treadmill might earn me 2 points, or a late night 100 calorie snack.

For me this is kind of like only being able to spend cash. I either have the points or I don't. Last week was a little tough because it was teacher appreciation week and one of the days the theme was sweets. One student did bring me WW blueberry muffins.

Keys: drink water, write down what I eat, work out, diversify my food choices. I do plan on losing more than a pound this week. I'm 2 pounds away from breaking the 200 pound barrier.

DON'T sabotage me. A kid brought me a large order of Chick Fil A waffle fries today. Saving grace was they were cold.

No comments: