Thursday, February 15, 2007

It's SO Cold.....

It has been a little cold this winter for North Texas. Wednesday night we went to church and just walking from the truck to the church building was brutal. The wind really has kicked up and made the temperature feel 10 degrees colder than it really is. The auto remote starter on the truck has really come in handy this winter.

I came home Wednesday night with the kids while my wife stayed for Praise team practice. It was already 8:30 so my goal was to put the kids in bed ASAP. They didn't fight me one bit. I was excited to finally have some ME time for about 1 1/2 hours. I put on the Travel Channel and watched the World Poker Tour, popped some popcorn(which I didn't eat*), stretched out the unread USA Today and made a pallet with 2 blankets on the floor. Ahhh, all was well.

I remember cranking the heating unit up to 65 degrees because it was REALLY cold in the house. As I lay there doing my thing I made sure I stayed under the covers. It was still really cold in the house.

My wife comes home and states how cold it is. The fan had been blowing for over 2 hours now and it was not getting any warmer. Then my wife notices that my son had taken the step ladder and switched the HEAT control over to COOL. The AC had been running since they left the house around 6pm. 4 HOURS OF AC when the temperature outside was already in the 20's.

Imagine if she hadn't caught that the unit was on AC. We may have lost a family member during the night.

*Don't buy ACT II 94% fat free popcorn. You're better off buying dog food.

No comments: