Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Cat is Gone

Last night while I was searching for cheap MP3 fm players the phone rang. Imagine that, I was online and the phone rang. The new found world of DSL.

On the other end of the line was a lady inquiring about the cat that I had posted online. About a week ago I submitted an add offering our 3 year old siamese for free on Craigslist. I told her albout Shamus and we set an appointment for them to meet today about 12:30. The lady came with her husband and her mother in law to check out the cat. The lady was just as I had imagined.

She had lost her 3 year old siamese 3 weeks ago to disease. After Shamus warmed up to her the husband simply said, "Should I get the carrier?" It seemed like the perfect match. After a bit of a struggle to get Shamus in the carrier he was on his way to his new home.

For us it was a mere convenience of not having a pet that would scratch the hardwoods and the leather furniture. For this lady she should be able to fill the void left behind by her previous cat. It was nice to hear them talk about how much he looked like Harvey their other cat. Who knows, they may have been brothers.

No comments: