Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mowing Season

Mowing season officially opened for me tonight. The last 2 Sundays I tested out my equipment on my yard, but tonight I mowed for money. On days like this I'll load up my truck early in the morning so I can just head straight to mowing when school is out. The only real tester was on my first lawn when I ran out of gas for my weedeater. I brought what I thought was the gas/oil mix for my weedeater, but it didn't work. I cut my first lawn short and went to pick up my son from daycare.

I stopped and got gas as well as some 2 cycle oil. The new mix was exactly what my weedeater needed. I mowed 3 lawns all told tonight and I gave each lawn the spring treatment with weed and feed and ant killer.

My kids were with me and they did pretty well. After hitting a Sonic drive thru we got home at 8:30. So much for the new 7:45 start to bed time. As of 9:30 both were sleeping well. I showered up and will watch basketball and The Apprentice.

The wife is out of town so I've got kid duty all weekend.

No comments: