Saturday, March 29, 2008

Jackpot

I felt like I hit the jackpot today. With my wife gone I was planning to take my 2 kids to a Jr. league hockey game tonight FOR FREE! Last night my daughter told me that I was going to have to get her a babysitter because she didn't want to go. Well, she got her way. A co-worker of mine asked if she'd like to spend the night with her daughter who is in the same class. SURE! I had already thought about this and expressed this desire with B from work.

So tonight my son and I went to the gym for a quick workout. Amazingly he didn't resist. I paid $5 for parking and parked right next to the indoor arena. Our FREE ticket included a hot dog(7 weight watcher points), chips (3 points) and a Dr. Pepper product. We stayed for 2 periods, bought a $2 foam puck souvenir and headed out. My son stayed up until 10:30pm, but went to bed right away. It was nice having just one kid to entertain.

Tomorrow could be busy: trip to trash dump, help a friend spruce up her property to put her house up for sale, entertain my 2 kids.

Tonight was a fun night!

No comments: